Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9 explores the identity of Suguru Geto and his interaction with Satoru Gojo, leading to the trapping and imprisonment of the latter in the Cursed Realm. The plot of the episode is filled with numerous revelations, and the sequence of events allows viewers to understand the nature of Pseudo-Geto within the context of the ongoing storyline.
Who is Pseudo-Geto? Pseudo-Geto Satoru Gojo: Interaction and Conspiracy in Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9
Episode 9 of Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 shows the opening of the Cursed Realm behind Gojo. As he attempted to escape, Suguru Geto appeared and greeted him with his signature “Yo.” Gojo is shocked by the appearance of his deceased best friend and tries to make sense of the situation, failing miserably. Although he is certain that he killed his friend with his own hands a year ago during the “Night Parade of a Hundred Demons” battle, he is confused and bewildered by the situation.
Gojo attempts to see through Pseudo-Geto using his Six Eyes, but this rules out the possibility that this individual is a clone or an illusion. This further solidifies and reaffirms that it is indeed Geto, his lost and deceased best friend. He spirals into his own memories and thoughts, reminiscing about his school years and the ten years of conflict.
This interaction turns out to be a triggering condition for the Prison Realm to activate, and Gojo is now under the influence of the cursed object.
How was Gojo trapped by the Prison Realm, and how did Pseudo-Geto reveal himself?
- When Gojo Satoru’s mind processed the long history of his life with Suguru Geto, he was ensnared by the clutches of the Prison Realm as he fulfilled the unconditional conditions. This rendered his cursed techniques useless and trapped the most powerful sorcerer, deeming him rather useless. However, as he realized he was descending, he asked Geto to reveal his true identity. The man replied that he was indeed Geto, but Gojo continued, saying, “My Six Eyes tell me you’re Suguru Geto, but my soul knows otherwise.”
- This shocked Pseudo-Geto, and he removed the stitches on his head, revealing part of his brain with a mouth. This brain had been possessed by a former curse user known as Kenjaku, who had the ability to jump from one corpse to another and take control of their brain to manipulate the body and its innate abilities. This was due to Gojo’s inability to completely exorcise Geto’s body in a moment of sentimentality, leading to this possession.
Is Pseudo-Geto stronger than Gojo Satoru?
Episode 9 of Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 described Pseudo-Geto’s true identity as Kenjaku. However, even though he managed to imprison Gojo, it is not necessary for the former to be stronger to outsmart the latter. Gojo is undoubtedly stronger than all the villains combined, forcing them to resort to their sinister and well-orchestrated plan to imprison him.
Kenjaku has been around for centuries and, as a former curse user, has been well-conditioned in the art of combat. The entire story of this particular episode revolves around the defeat of the past in a way that leaves Gojo in a state of confusion and nostalgia, leading to his downfall. This could simply mean that he was deceived but not necessarily weaker than Kenjaku in combat.
Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 Episode 9 is a play of memories and nostalgia, overcome by the paralyzing undertone of a well-planned conspiracy. The revelation of Geto’s identity as Kenjaku is another major turning point in the plot that will be significant in the series’ future storyline, with a character that will remain integral throughout the story to come.
Read also :
- Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236: How Did Gojo Die?
- Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236: Can Kashimo Defeat Sukuna?
- One Piece Chapter 1094 Release Date and Where to Read for Free and Legally
- JJK 236 Spoilers & Leaks: Reasons Why Gojo Might Still Be Alive”